Monday, January 31, 2011

Love Owls

I saw THIS CARD from someone else's blog.  Georgeann mentioned that her card was a "hybrid" card. She used My Digital Studio to print out her sentiment.  Everything else was stamped and punched.  Well, that got me thinking.  Stampin' Up! just came out with new digital downloads for Valentine Defined.  I was planning on purchasing this set, but didn't know if I really NEED it.  So I got the digital version first.  So, I designed this card using the love strands from this set, then made my own sentiment.  I printed on white cardstock.
Let me just tell you that printing results were really good!  I was very pleased, actually.  Plus, I might have saved myself some money by not purchasing this particular set.  Shhhh.... please don't tell anyone.  If you are considering purchasing your own copy of My Digital Studio, do it!  The downloads are very inexpensive.  You can play with it as soon as you purchase it online HERE.  No more waiting for Mr. Brown (aka UPS)!  You can try out stamp sets, designer papers, embellishments.  And they never retire and you'll never run out of them!  Plus, as you can see, going digital doesn't mean you forget the hands-on stuff.

Oops, got on a tangent.  Anyways, here is a close up of the heart punchouts that I placed on the sentiment.  I used the new Glimmer Paper from the Occasions Mini.  OMG!  This paper is GORGEOUS!!!  I'm not really too much a bling-bling kind of a person.  But OMG, this paper is gorgeous! :)  Seriously, it's awesome.  Sooooooo pretty in real life.  The glitter doesn't flake off.  And a little bit goes a long way.  I'm planning on using every single scrap of that paper pack, and not let ANY go to waste!

My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Valentine Defined (digital download for My Digital Studio)
Ink: Early Espresso (digital)
Papers: Real Red, Glimmer Paper, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Sending Love DSP (retired)
Accessories: Two-Step Owl Punch, Two-Step Bird Punch

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...