Monday, January 3, 2011

Birthday Bakery Week Day#1

Happy New Year, everyone! How do you like my new blog design? I'm rather proud of it myself. I did it using My Digital Studio.

To start off the new year, I decided to do a daily post using Birthday Bakery set. It is a Level 1 Hostess set, which you can get for FREE by having a $150+ order. You can either contact me or go through my website HERE to place your order.

I also have A TON of birthday cards to make for January, so this is a good way to get me started.
I have seen many of these "awning" cards. I thought it's finally time I give it a try myself. The last card that I saw that pushed me to make the card is by Genny. I followed the tutorial she referenced, which is by Diana.

I colored using markers and also blender pen and ink pads. I added Crystal Effects on top. I think it makes the cakes look oh, so yummy! I sponged the edges of the sentiment, added the Decorative Label punch to the back. I cut the punched out piece in half horizontally, trimmed it, so that the piece is not so large compared to the sentiment one. Lastly I added brads. The whole thing is popped up with dimensionals.

My Supplies List:
Stamp Set(s): Birthday Bakery Hostess set
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, Real Red
Papers: Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose
Accessories: Big Shot, Embossing Folder (non-SU), Decorative Label Punch, Modern Label Punch, Scalloped Edge Punch, Crystal Effects

1 comment:

Az Scrappin Sisters said...

I printed the directions from a different blog to someday make...you did well on this awning card..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...