Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hydrangea Birthday

I had some time, so I thought I'd make a birthday card for my mom, too.  I CASE'd this one from Gretchen Baron.  Isn't her card beautiful?
 With this card, I wanted to use purple and green.  I looked at my Shades of Spring DSP (retired), and picked Orchid Opulence (retired) and Certainly Celery.  I don't have the same embossing folder that Gretchen used.  Hers is from SU!  Mine is a *gasp* contraband from non-SU! Shhhhh.  For the life of me, I can't tie a bow correctly.  I came up with a great solution, utilizing a brad.  I just took a strip of ribbon, fold in the two sides to create the bow, then used a brad to secure it all.  Doesn't it look like it's a nice bow?  No one would know I didn't really tie it!

I cut out the hydrangea from Because I Care hostess set.  Added some Stickles and Pearls to the flowers.

Here's the inside.
I used the Ornament punch for the vase, by cutting off the pointy bottom.  Then I adhere the strips of pearls that come all attached to each other in the Basic Pearls pack.  I painstakingly cut out the flowers and stems to stick in the vase.  Well, I guess my mom is worth it. :)


My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Because I Care hostess set, Sincere Salutations, On Your Birthday, Silhouette Sentiments
Ink: Orchid Opulence (retired), Orchid Opulence Stampin' Write Marker (retired), Certainly Celery Stampin' Write Marker
Papers: Orchid Opulence (retired), Shades of Spring DSP (retired)
Accessories: Ornament Punch, Flower Designer Brad, Basic Pearls, Ribbon (my stash), Stickles (non-SU), Embossing Folder, (non-SU)

1 comment:

helloholley said...

cute cards! I'm now following from Stampin Connection!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...