Friday, June 3, 2011

Sneaky Peeky!

Here it is, a SNEAK PEEK from the new 2011-2012 Ideal Book & Catalog!

First let me tell you what all I used here.  I didn't get everything that was available for demonstrators to order for sneak peek.  But I think I got enough for now.  I used the very colorful and very pretty brand new FLIRTATIOUS DSP.  It has these beautiful doilies on them.  There is a coordinating stamp set that I didn't get... yet.  And get this, the stamp set that goes with this is also available as a digital download starting July 1st!  Woo-hoo!  Anyways, for the first card above, the bottom layer cardstock is a brand new 2011-2013 In Color called Wisteria Wonder.  It's a very pretty light purple.  Can you figure out what all I used on the main flower/doily?  Give up?  Ok, I'll tell you.  The Wisteria Wonder is cut from a brand new Big Shot die called "PERFECT PENNANTS".  This die will be a must have for you.  It's got 2 sizes of this doily (see the second one on the second card).  It also has 3 sizes of triangle pennants.  FIVE (5) different cut outs on one die!  I digressed again.  On top of the doily cut out are punch outs from the Blossoms Bouquet Triple Layer punch in various colors.  Topped off with Filigree flower and silver brad.  The ribbon is the retired Melon Mambo Polka Dot ribbon flipped over.  However, there will be 2 new ribbon choices for Melon Mambo in the new book!

For the bottom card, I started with Daffodil Delight cardstock for the base layer.  Same Flirtatious DSP, the bottom portion is the back side of the same sheet.  That Pumpkin Pie doily that's layered on top of the  Wisteria Wonder is a laser-cut design in the Flirtatious DSP pack.  This pack comes with 2 sheets of these laser-cut designs.  They are soooooo pretty!  You can cut them out easily and choose to either use the entire design, or use a portion of it.  Here I used the inside of one of the designs.  The center is a Designer Button.

Now, for the pennant.  The bottom two layers (Daffodil Delight and Wisteria Wonder) are from the Big Shot die, Perfect Pennants, as mentioned above.  Then the next two layers on top are first stamped using the new PENNANT PARADE stamps and punched out with the new PETITE PENNANTS BUILDER punch.  This punch makes pennants in two shapes as seen here.  Lastly, one more little "Thank U" stamp from the Pennant Parade stamp set.  See how perfectly it stamps inside the pennant?  Oh, the ribbon... nothing fancy.  I used the retired Pretty in Pink Striped Grosgrain ribbon with 1/4" Grosgrain on top.

I have no idea why I was into layering upon layering this afternoon when I made these.  But here you are.  A bit of a Sneak Peek into what's coming in the new catalog.  I've gone through the book once.  Now I'm going through it a little slower to digest it a little more.  I'll have a report for you tomorrow.  What I can tell you is, it's REALLY GOOD! :)
My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Pennant Parade
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Pretty in Pink
Papers:  Wisteria Wonder, Daffodil Delight, Flirtatious DSP
Accessories: Perfect Pennants Bigz Die, Petite Pennants Builder punch, Filigree Designer Brads, Subtles Designer Buttons, Pretty in Pink Striped Grosgrain ribbon (retired), Pretty in Pink 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon

4 comments:

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Very cute...didn't get all this stuff..maybe I should have;-) Thanks for sharing and glad your stuff finally arrived...hope the kiddos left you alone for a while, lol!

Patty Bennett said...

I love love love what you made!! too cute!! I am loving all the layering we can do with the punches and die!! whohooo!
Patty Bennett

Debbi said...

These are wonderful! Love your preview samples!!

Barb Mullikin said...

Nice job Annie, love your projects!! Barb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...