Monday, June 6, 2011

Old & New

Out with the old and in with the new.  Today's card has a little bit of both.
With my ode to retiring stamps, this card uses the soon-to-be retired Whimsy wheel in the center panel.  I know I should be using more of these wheels that I have amassed... I don't know why I don't use them more.  They're so darn easy to create backgrounds.  And I've unmounted mine, so they're even easier to use!

Anyways, the "new" here are some of the new 2011-2013 In-Colors!  What do you think?  The colors are very cool summery colors, Island Indigo, Pool Party and Calypso Coral.  And with the Calypso Coral, it makes everything pop alive.

I based my card on the sketch from Clean & Simple Stamping.
My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Pennant Parade, Happy Greetings, Whimsy Jumbo Wheel
Ink: Calypso Coral, Island Indigo, Pool Party
Papers:  Calypso Coral, Island Indigo, Pool Party
Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Petite Pennant Builder punch, Scallop Edge Border punch, Silver brads (non-SU)

3 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

Annie, I am loving those new In Colors even more after seeing your fun card! Can't wait to get my pre-order Weds. This is such a fun and happy card! Thanks for inspiring me to break out my wheels, too. :)

Carol Wilde said...

Great banner, lovely card !

Carol

XxJULESxX said...

oh i love it!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...