Friday, June 17, 2011

Father's Shirt

I've been intrigued by these origami men's shirt and tie.  I finally got a chance to sit down and make a couple of cards with them.
This first one follows the directions I found HERE.  I realized after I was done that the stripes should have gone vertical instead of horizontal.  Oh well.  Still looks nice, no?  The paper is from the very retired Le Jardin DSP I got off the Clearance Rack last year.
ETA: The tie is a little thick... I used Crystal Effects to glue it down.
This second one follows the directions from HERE.  It opens like a card.  So it's bigger than the previous shirt.  This is so simple, it's embarrassing.  No, not really.  But it's so simple.  I used the Tag punch for the pocket and popped it up with dimensionals for a little... uh, dimension! :)

My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: River Rock
Papers:  River Rock, Bashful Blue Le Jardin DSP (retired), Brocade Blue
Accessories: Perfect Polka Dot embossing Folder, Word Window punch, Petal Cone Die (for the flag on card #1), Tag punch, brads (non-SU)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...