Thursday, May 12, 2011

Nature of Mashup

Just realized that I am almost missing out on this week's Friday Mashup challenge.  As soon as I saw the challenge, I knew exactly what I was going to do.  Then I made the card.  Then I forgot about it.  Oops!  Worry not, here it is.  First, here's the challenge.
I've been wanting to do this technique for awhile now.  Finally got a chance to try it.  Because I'm sharing with my club ladies this weekend how to make a frame inside an embossed piece, I'm going to wait to share the info on how to do this.  I'll tell you next week!  If you already know... shhhhhh....
Isn't this image just so awesome?  It's one stamp!  I have seen some amazing things done with this stamp set.  I'd better get busy and try some of them.  This is a very versatile stamp set called, Lovely as a Tree.  It's been in the Stampin' Up! catalog for like 8 years or something.  Must be a very popular stamp set, you think?  You can get it through my store HERE.

This card is another quick card.  I wanted to make sure there's not too many layers or embellishments, since it's supposed to be a masculine card.  Whenever I make an easy card, I always feel like I'm missing something.  But sometimes less is more, right?  Better stop while I'm ahead.

How do you like my using the backside of the retired Polka Dot grosgrain ribbon?  I thought it pretty smart of me!  Haha.

My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Lovely as a Tree, Well Scripted (retired)
Ink: Soft Suede, Always Artichoke
Papers:  Soft Suede
Accessories: Polka Dots embossing folder, Antique Brad, Sponge, Soft Suede Polka Dot ribbon (backside)

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi Annie,
This is a fabulous technique and one that I have not tried either! I know your gals will love it! Thanks for joining us again at the Friday Mashup!!!
Smiles,
Lesley

Kim P said...

This is wonderful!! I have never tried this technique...but I should! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Very pretty! I've been meaning to try this technique - it looks so great! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Friday Mashup!

hollybeary creations said...

I can't wait for you to show us how to do this technique. This is a great Masculine card.. That set is one of my favs! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

Lisa said...

Great colors, love the set, its one of my favs! You did a fantastic job on the card, thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...