Thursday, May 19, 2011

Monkey Kids

Getting down to the wire to submit for this week's Monkey Challenge.  Here's this week's challenge:
I don't think I have any good SU kids stamps, so I decided to use my Cr*cut.  The pattern paper is from big box store that I bought pre-demo days last year.  It's double sided, so I knew at least those colors wold match.  The harder part is trying to match any of my existing papers to the pattern paper.  Which, as many of you may have found out, is almost always nearly impossible.  That's the beauty of Stampin' Up!'s color coordinating cardstock and accessories.  I really dislike mismatching or uncoordinating color papers together.  That was one big reason that I turned to SU.  I knew the quality was there; and the color coordination just cinched the deal.
Well, I tried to follow the sketch with this one.  But somehow I think I veered off a little too much.  Oh well, it can still be a kids' card, right?  I mean, this frog is just too adorable.

My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): More Punny-licious (non-SU)
Ink: Almost Amethyst
Papers:  Not Quite Navy, Almost Amethyst, Regal Rose, Mellow Moss (frog body, retired), River Rock (frog tummy), Wild Wasabi (lily pad), Natural Ivory (non-SU)
Accessories: Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Cr*cut

4 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Hey Annie. Great card! Don't think you veered off far at all. The frog is so sweet and great use of your old DSP. I'm with you about SU's DSP and cardstock, can't beat the color match and I love that when they list a DSP in the cattie that the corresponding colored cardstock/ink colors are right there.

Terry said...

It looks great, Annie. The sketch gives you a starting point. I have a hard time sticking to them 100 percent.

Terry
A La Card Monkey

Shirley Pumpkin said...

What a cute little frog dude! Thanks for joining us again, at A La Card Monkey!

Hugs
Shirley

Anne Marie Hile said...

SO stinkin' cute, Annie! Your little guy is so fun and I love the paper you paired him with. Awesome kid's card! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...