Sunday, May 22, 2011

Brayer & Embossing Take 2

Here's another card we made at my last Big Shot Technique class.  'Tis the season... who doesn't need more wedding cards?  I've seen this technique several times on the 'net in the past.  But when I set out to find what I thought I had saved, I couldn't find it.  So I used Mr. Google and found THIS VIDEO very helpful.  I also kind of CASE'd Kim's card from the video.
For this technique, you brayer over the flat side of the embossing folder.  Place your paper on the uninked part.  Carefully close the folder, put it through your Big Shot the usual way.  I found a cheater way of doing this.  As you will see from the video, the brayer doesn't take up very much ink each time, so it takes awhile to ink up the whole embossing folder.  I just took my inkpad, swiped and swirled it around on the embossing folder, then used a brayer to even out the coloring.  MUCH faster this way. :)  Isn't this effect very cool?

Different color combo (River Rock, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry):
My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Happy Greetings
Ink: Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry
Papers:  Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede; River Rock, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Finial Press embossing folder, Very Vanilla Satin ribbon, Very Vanilla 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Brayer

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...