Saturday, May 28, 2011

Inlaid Embossing - Faux Fabric PLUS Specials

I have seen this effect done on many blogs previously, so it's difficult to credit who started it.
I had some scraps of Beyond the Garden DSP laying around, so I thought I'd cut them all down to 1" square and adhered them to a piece of Daffodil Delight.  Then I inked up my Square Lattice embossing folder with Soft Suede (I tried Crumb cake, but it was too light) and ran the piece of cardstock through the embossing folder.  This is what you get.  What do you think?  Is this cool or what?  Sort of has a mosaic look, too, doesn't it?

Here's another card using the inked up embossing folder as the background.  Then I used the new Flower Garden embossing folder from the Summer Mini as my main image.  After it's embossed, I just used a sponge inked with Melon Mambo, and swiped it across the whole piece, making sure to ink the raised portions well.
My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Word Play, Because I Care
Ink: Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi, Soft Suede, Melon Mambo
Papers:  Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi, Beyond the Garden DSP
Accessories: Square Lattice embossing folder, Flower Garden embossing folder, Decorative Label punch, Corner Rounder punch, Pacific Point Striped Grosgrain ribbon (retired), Wild Wasabi Striped Grosgrain ribbon (retired), sponge, brayer

Do you like the sentiment I used on the first card?  It's from the stamp set, Word Play.  It's on special this month for 30% OFF!!!  WM $41.95, now $29.37.  CM $28.95, now $20.27.
Here's the other stamp sets that are also on special this month.

Animal Stories: WM $15.95, now $11.17
Grunge Rock: WM $20.95, now $14.67;
CM $15.95, now $11.17
Party Hearty: WM $26.95, now $18.87
Printed Petals: WM $19.95, now $13.97;
CM $14.95, now $10.47
Simple Friendship: WM $25.95, now $18.17
Sweet Shoppe Alphabet Lower:
WM $31.95, now $22.37
CM $23.95, now $16.77
You can purchase these and all other Stampin' Up! products from MY STORE HERE.  Or you can simply contact me and I will take care of your order for you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...