Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Anniversary

Today is our Anniversary.  I wanted to make my husband a nice card without being too frilly.  I saw THIS card on Laurie's blog, which is perfect!  Of course I had to CASE it.
I didn't do the hearts, because that's just not us. :)  This was such a simple card, and very sweet, I think.
Here's the inside:
I used a sheet from the Elegant Soiree DSP for the background.  Have I ever sung the praises of this DSP for its masculine patterns???  I LOVE using this DSP for my male cards.  This particular pattern reminds me of one of my husband's shirts.  I just love the simplicity of this card.  Love the owls in the shadow (only had to punch them out in black!).  I didn't have any sentiment stamps for the "LOVE" part.  So I cut it using my Cr*cut.

BTW, since we're always looking for good masculine cards, HERE's another awesome card using Elegant Soiree DSP and Owl punch.
My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): A Word for You (inside)
Ink: Baja Breeze, Soft Suede
Papers:  Baja Breeze, Elegant Soiree DSP
Accessories: Polka Dots embossing folder, Two-Step Owl punch, Two-Step Bird punch, Cr*cut

1 comment:

Carrie Sampsel said...

This is to cute!! I love it. BTW, Happy Anniversary. TFS
www.carriesscrapyard.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...