Sunday, May 15, 2011

Graduation Time

I didn't think I knew many grads this year, so I didn't plan on having to make graduation cards.  But then, I started realizing how many people I know are graduating... started with 2, then grew to 4, then grew to 6, and so on.  Yikes.  I don't have any graduation specific stamps, but when I saw THIS card by Kath, I had to CASE it.

Ta da:
The school color for this one is Crimson and Gray.  I didn't use Stampin' Up! papers, because the colors were a little off.  I just used what I had from my pre-SU days.  I tried to use a paper trimmer to cut that graduation cap in sort of a diamond shape.  Just did not work out very well.  I ended up just hand drawing the shape on the back of the paper and cutting it out that way.  I've had the tassels for a long time, from when I did my own grad school announcements.  Had a few extras and was perfect for repurposing!

I think the best part of this card was the use of this particular Word Play stamp.  I think it's very appropriate for graduation.  The best part about the Word Play stamp set this month?  It's ON SALE!!!!  See THE FLYER for more info.  Catalog price is $28.95 for clear and $41.95 for wood.  But this month only, it's 30%!  The clear is now only $20.27 for clear and $29.37 for wood!  This is a really great set for sentiments.  Plus, you can color the words separately and get a really cool look.  Or you can choose to pop out certain portions of the stamp and make it more 3-dimensional.  You can get it at MY STORE.

Anyways, you can't tell from the picture, but I heat embossed the sentiment using clear embossing powder.

My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Word Play
Ink: Red (non-SU)
Papers:  Red, Gray, Black (non-SU)
Accessories: Framed Tulips embossing folder, Black Brad (non-SU), Tassel, Clear embossing powder

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...