Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Anniversary Owl Love

Last weekend was our anniversary weekend.  Last year I made a card with the owl punch.  I figured, might as well continue this year. :)
This card is inspired by something I saw on Pinterest.  I thought it was perfect to showcase one of the new In-Colors, Gumball Green.  See my notation below.
Are you as surprised as I am to see Wild Wasabi being a bit blue???  I certainly was!  I also used a few retiring items.  The main image is done by using Versamark ink on the retiring Love letterpress plate.  The ribbon is Certainly Celery in Satin, also to-be-retired.  The owls' clothes are punched out using Just Add Cake DSP (now 25% off, at $8.21!).

Lastly, I just wanted to note that the size of this card is a bit different than what I usually make (A2, 4 1/4 x 5 1/2).  The overall size is 5x7.  The strips inside are roughly 1"x4 1/4"; with the two ends cut down a bit thinner.
My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): None!
Ink: Versamark
Papers: Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Wild Wasabi, Gumball Green, Always Artichoke, Just Add Cake DSP
Accessories: Love letterpress plate, Two-Step Owl punch, Two-Step Bird punch, Certainly Celery satin ribbon

Click HERE for the Retiring Stamp Sets
Click HERE for the Retiring Accessories
Click HERE for the Retiring Definitely Decorative

1 comment:

Heather Williams said...

Love it Annie! I read every blog entry you post but mostly from my phone and it does not allow me to comment... so even though I rarely comment, I just want you to know that I read it and you ROCK ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...