Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Graduation Direction

Now that graduation season is upon us, it is time to make some graduation cards.  I've been commissioned by one of our neighbors to make some graduation cards for the graduates of our local university.  The school colors are purple and gold.  When I came upon Kristy's card, I knew I just had to CASE it.
The purple here is Rich Razzleberry.  The gold is a non-SU paper that I had used when I graduated eons ago from the same university.  See, there IS a reason to hoard all s*craps. :)  I originally was going to use Daffodil Delight for the gold; but when I found enough of this paper left over, I just had to use it.  The paper has a shiny surface and has a bit of shimmer, which represents the "gold" well, I think.

Anyways, the stars are done using the Stars #2 Big Shot die.  Ack!  I can't believe this die is retiring!!!  Last year SU retired the star punch.  Now they're retiring the stars die.  I just hope there will be some star framelits coming out!  The banners are cut from Petal Cone die.  Oh, I did pop up the arrow portion of the image.

My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Word Play
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry (retired)
Papers: Rich Razzleberry, non-SU gold/yellow
Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Stars #2 BS die, Petal Cone die

Click HERE for the Retiring Stamp Sets
Click HERE for the Retiring Accessories
Click HERE for the Retiring Definitely Decorative

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...