Friday, April 27, 2012

Fabric Friday - Small Tote with Button

Yay for another round of Fabric Friday!  Guess what I have for you today?  Can you guess?  Yes, it's another tote!!!  Originally I made this for me.  But it turned out a little smaller than I expected, because I apparently can't do math.  Then as soon as my daughter saw it, she claimed it for herself.  So I guess I made it for her.  LOL.

This is made with the Flirtatious Designer Fabric again.  For the handles, I got lazy and pulled out my Striped Grosgrain ribbon.  I put two together and stitched up the sides.
Oh, and I used the Square Scallop die for Big Shot again.  Seriously, that thing is like a work horse around here.  Totally getting my money's worth.  Although hard to tell, I made a little box corner for the bottom of the tote.  The lines are perfect on this one, which makes me very proud of myself. :)

Here's a close up.  Because I had put batting in between the lining and the outer fabric, it felt a little bulky, especially at the top.  So I thought I would give the buttonhole function on my machine a try.  Holy Batman!  That is one cool function!  Oh, did you also see what I did with the ruffle?  I took two scrap strips of fabric, put them at right angles to each other and sewed at 45-degrees.  This way, the two pieces would be joined to become one long strip.  Perfect for me to do some ruffle/gathering.
I used the Fun Flowers die again for embellishment.  Again, as before, I had lined the fabric with some fusible interfacing to make it just a little stiffer.  The button is Melon Mambo from the Ice Cream Parlor suite, which you can find on the Clearance Rack.
Items from the Clearance Rack can only be ordered online at MY STORE.  Which you're there, check out the other really awesome stuff at a fraction of the original cost.

Thanks for visiting!  Have a wonderful weekend!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...