Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cherish the Memories

Last year I had made a set of cards for my sister-in-law, who is a fab-O photographer (check out her website HERE), to send out to her clients.  She has run out of them and asked me to make more.  Last year when I was brainstorming what to make for her, I was a bit at a loss.  She is more clean and simple, modern elegant type of a person and style.  I was all about layers and fluff.  Then I went on her website and saw that the background wallpaper is quite similar to some of the stamps we have.  The colors were CLEARLY Very Vanilla and Baja Breeze.  So I set to work.  Sadly, I completely forgot to take pictures last year.  Well this year, I didn't want to forget.  So as soon as I finished this batch, I took a picture.  this is what I made this year.

I used Twitterpated DSP for the background.  Cut a piece of Very Vanilla using Top Note die.  Cut it in half, stamped and placed on top of the DSP.  Then, use Baja Breeze in Designer Frames embossing folder (did you get it for free during Sale-a-Bration???).  Hand cut the perimeter of the embossed piece.  Put aside.  Stamp on Very Vanilla.  If you want to use glitter like the one on the left, cut out a small piece of Big Shot Adhesive sheet and place it over the image.  Or, you can use Vellum.  For the card on the right, I adhered Vellum using Vellum Tape (non-SU).  Using Extra Large Oval punch, punch out the ovals.  For the glitter piece, remove the second backing of the Adhesive Sheet and dunk in glitter.  Then just adhere the piece onto the Baja Breeze embossed piece.  Pop up with Dimensionals.  All done.

My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Bordering on Romance, Baroque Motifs (sentiment)
Ink: Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz
Papers: Baja Breeze, Twitterpated DSP
Accessories: Top Note die, Designer Frames embossing folder, Extra Large Oval punch, Big Shot Adhesive Sheet, Vellum, vellum tape (non-SU), Dazzling Diamonds

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...