Monday, February 28, 2011

Fun & Fast Notes with Limited Supply

One of my sisters-in-law attended my workshop earlier in the month.  She's a complete stamping virgin.  She decided to order a small supply to start.  She ordered:

Subtles Assortment Cardstock  #119706  $6.95
Brights Assortment Cardstock  #119704  $6.95
Early Espresso Inkpad  #119670  $5.95
Fun & Fast Notes  #113500 $33.95
---------------------------------------------------------------
Total           $53.80
She qualified for a free SAB item, for which she chose Ice Cream Parlor Ribbon & Button Pack.

To help her get started, I made these cards using the items she ordered.
Mind you, she has no markers, no crayons, no color pencils, no Versamark, NO BIG SHOT (gasp!).  But just with a few supplies, the possibilities are already seemingly endless.  I didn't even make a dent in the cardstock.  BTW, if you're wondering, I used MY supplies to create these, not hers.  :-)  I wanted to show her that there is an array of card designs she could do.  Plus, if she only CASE'd my cards, she would still have many designs to choose from.  I used every image from the set.

One note about this particular stamp set and others that have image and greeting together on one stamp.  I recommend cutting the stamp so that the image and the greeting are separate.  Makes it much easier.  Masking using tape is a pain, in my opinion.

Here's the individual cards close up.
1.  Without any coloring tools being available, I used the buttons to help accent the flowers in the vase.
Papers: Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight
2.  I CASE'd this one from the catalog on page 70.  Since there is no punches to use, I just used different color cardstock for layers.
Papers: Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Rich Razzleberry
3.  This one is inspired by Punky Dae.  Since there is no DSP, nor Big Shot, I used the stamp-off method on scratch paper, before I stamped on the cardstock.  Plus, there is also no punches, so I could only do squares or rectangles.  I still think this one turned out really nicely.
Papers: Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery, Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie
4. CASE'd/inspired by Jill.  Since my SIL doesn't have Versamark ink, I used the stamp-off method  again.
Papers: Daffodil Delight, Certainly Celery, Pacific Point
5. Isn't this a nice little card for Christmas?  And so SUPER SIMPLE!  What took a few more minutes was cutting of the star for paper-piecing.
Papers: Real Red, Certainly Celery
6.  CASE'd/Inspired by swldebbie on Splitcoaststampers.com.  I paper-pieced the baby carrier.  I used the tip of make-up applicator to color the porcupine (just rub the tip on the ink pad and color!).
Papers: Marina Mist, So Saffron, Melon Mambo, Regal Rose, Pacific Point




Other Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Fun & Fast Notes
Ink: Early Espresso
Papers: See Above
Accessories: Ice Cream Parlor Ribbon & Buttons Pack

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...