Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Digital Christmas Lodge

I signed up on LeeAnn Greff's 12 Weeks of Christmas newsletter a couple of weeks ago.  For Week #3, it was a gorgeous card using Christmas Lodge stamp set and couple of other techniques.  I was completely smitten with this card that I had to replicate it.  The only problem is I DON'T HAVE CHRISTMAS LODGE!!!  Aaaaargh!  My Digital Studio comes to the rescue again!  This stamp set is available as a digital download (#125611).  Halelujah!  I printed the Lodge on River Rock and we're in business!  I really wanted to be able to print the big tree and the sentiment from the same set on the base layer.  But my printer does not allow printing all the way to the edge.  It would look kinda funny with a cut off tree, yet with a border, so I had to go without.  To improvise, I used the tall tree from Lovely as a Tree, and the sentiment from Four the Holidays.

Other cool things about this card.  I got to use my Texturez Plate.  I haven't used it in ages.  But it's a softer look than the embossing folders, since the impressions are not as deep.  Lastly, about that snow.  I simply followed LeeAnn's instructions.  First you use the Signo White GelPen to color in the snow.  Wait for it to dry.  Then I used Dazzling Diamond (glitter glue) all over the white.  Put it aside to dry.  That's it.  Isn't just a simple simple card for awesome effect?

Let me tell you another secret.  Since I was waiting for the Lodge piece to dry, I had put together the rest of the elements of the card.  Even without the Lodge piece, the rest of the card actually looks very elegant, too!  Super easy, easily reproducible for mass producing your holiday cards.  Just another option for ya!

My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Christmas Lodge (MDS), Lovely as a Tree, Four the Holidays
Ink: River Rock, Bravo Burgundy
Papers: River Rock, Bravo Burgundy
Accessories: Texturz Plate, Crochet Trim ribbon, Signo white gelpen, Dazzling Diamond

1 comment:

The Country Rose said...

LOVE this one! Very soft, reminds me of a sparkly blanket of new fallen snow :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...