Monday, April 25, 2011

Wedding Card!

Happy Monday!  I decided to not continue in my somber mood for this fine Monday.  Today, I have a wedding card to share.  I know, I haven't done one of those in awhile.  I guess my mom hasn't been to any the last few months.  Now, though, wedding season will be once again upon us.  To start this year, one of my cousins is getting remarried.  Since we're Asians, no wedding can be complete without a bit of red.  So here it is, a red wedding card.
This was a super simple card to make.  Don't ask me where I got this shiny silver cardstock.  I have no idea.  It's just in my stash.  I've never ordered any silver cardstock from SU!, so I don't know how this compares.  Guess I should me a pack to see.  Don't you just love the Framed Tulips embossing folder?  It makes it so easy to have a nice card.  It's from the Occasions Mini catalog, which ends April 30th.  So better act fast and order it now, if you don't have it yet!

Don't think you can see this, but I did heat emboss the main image.  I didn't want to do my usual knot with the ribbon, and I sure can't tie a nice bow.  I decided to make a different kind of knot to look like I tied it around the image.

My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Always Elegant, Well Scripted (retired)
Ink: Real Red
Papers:  Real Red, Silver (non-SU)
Accessories: Framed Tulips embossing folder, Clear embossing powder, Versamark (to use with my Classic Ink for the embossing powder), Real Red 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain ribbon, Scalloped Oval punch, Oval punch

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...