Thursday, April 28, 2011

SSSC114: Paisley & Frame

Sweet Sunday always has the best sketches.  I don't always get to them, but I drool over the sketch and the design team's awesome cards every week.  HERE's this week's sketch.
I wanted to play this week, but had no idea what I wanted to do until last night.  Then it hit me!  The whole thing came together relatively painlessly.

Here's what I came up with.
What do you think?  I was going to do a distressed look, but decided that wasn't me.  I also thought if I just used ribbon on the bottom, it felt too thin.  So I added the two more layers behind it to give it a little bulk.  Lastly, how beautiful are those vanilla rosettes that you can color with your markers?  I am soooo super sad that they are no longer available.  Stampin Up! has run out of them and will not be able to get more.  Did I mention I am very sad about that???  I love the softness of the fabric rosette, and that you can color them whatever color to suit your needs.  I think I'd better see what cards I have in stock that have these rosettes.  I'm going to peel them off and re-use them!  BTW, I adhered them to the paper with Crystal Effects.  You know, the best not-made-as-adhesive adhesive there is! :)


My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Four Frames, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Marina Mist, Bravo Burgundy
Papers:  Pear Pizzazz, River Rock, Bravo Burgundy, Paisley Petals DSP
Accessories: Square Lattice embossing folder, Vanilla Rosettes (no longer available), Marina Mist Stampin' Write Marker, Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Write Marker, Bravo Burgundy Stampin' Write Marker, Bravo Burgundy 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (retired), Decorative Label punch, Two-Step Bird punch

1 comment:

Carrie Sampsel said...

What a cute card. The rosettes add agreat touch. TFS
www.carriesscrapyard.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...