Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sympathy

It is with a heavy heart that I share this card that I HAD to make. A very close family friend passed away in the last few days, lost his battle with cancer. He was entirely way too young and too good of a person to be gone so soon. He was the most humorous, kind and benevolent person I know. This Uncle has been friends with my parents since their early college days and has known me before I even existed! :) He spoke at our wedding, signed our marriage certificate as a witness. I am sure going to miss seeing him and hearing his stories. Dear Uncle, RIP.

This card was inspired first by Chiaki; then by Mary Fish. I wanted to make sure the card stayed simple, yet elegant and exuded a serene calmness. I knew I would only use black and white.

For the stamped hydrangea, I stamped it with black ink, then sponged white ink over it, to soften its look. I punched the scalloped border on both sides of the small black strip of CS on the bottom. I didn't think I had black ribbon, but I actually had black and white polkadots ribbon and the other side is black! Wow, 2 uses for 1. Not a bad pick up for $1 at Michael's. Sorry.... I digressed. The silver brad is a circle brad from SU that I just got from the clearance rack. I love it.

On the inside, the sentiment was computer generated. I actually found this stuck in one of my old catalog pages. I love this sentiment. I might have to have it made into a stamp. Oh, I actually don't have any "With Sympathy" stamps. So I just left it out. If I pick it up at the store in the next day or two, I might add it on. Just stamp over the stem of the hydrangea with it.

Lastly, the white background CS is embossed using SU's texture plate.

1 comment:

Joani McDonald said...

Oh Annie I'm sorry to hear you lost a dear one. I'm sure that your card brought a little sunshine to someones face in this sad time. You did a wonderful job.
Hugs,
Joani

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...