Sunday, July 18, 2010

Fox & Friends

I was looking for some inspiration to use my Fox and Friends stamp set. Looked on page 96 of the IBC, but didn't like the colors--too subtle. Then I found THIS in the splitcoaststamper gallery. So I started stamping the monkey in different directions. Then realized that the white CS is too small to add any more "friends." Oh well. I decided not to crowd them. Once again, my card turned out nothing like the inspiration. Sigh...
Originally, I used this Melon Mambo paper as base, embossing the front with my embossing folder. But then I didn't like seeing the back side when you opened it up. Plus, I had added brads, so you would see the backside of the brads also. So I cut up the Melon paper and used it as a card front, and adhered it to white CS. But then I thought it toned down the hot pink from Melon Mambo too much, so I added the second half of the Melon Mambo to the inside of the card, so the left side is hot pink, the right side is white. Perfect balance. Lastly, I rounded the corners on the card.

The sentiment is from My Pink Stamper. I decided to get her Punny-licious, More Punny-licious and Tweetie Hoo stamps. I do like these stamps. I just need more occasions to use them all!

1 comment:

ScrappinCntryGrl said...

great card and use of the stamp set!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...