Thursday, July 1, 2010

Joy Fold

I have seen these cards recently. Have wanted to try making something, but just never had the right inspiration. Until Mary Fish from Stampin Pretty put hers together. I loved it! I guess it was the pink and brown that sealed the deal. Here's her post. And tutorial here.

This is essentially 2 cards, one big one small. You can tinker with the dimensions to suit your needs.

I didn't want the recipient of the card to have to tie and untie the bow each time opening and closing the card. So I made it that the recipient just slides the ribbon over and the card will open.

The big pink and white papers were run through the Big Shot for dimension and interest (SU textured plate Pattern #1). The small white paper inside the small card actually has sprays of flowers (Wreath of Roses SU 2000) inked on it. I stamped first on scratch paper, then onto the cardstock. This is the "stamping off" technique? I'm not sure.

Oh, I also tried the "paper piecing" technique. Stamping lined images onto patterned paper, then cut out. I like the look. It's different.

I made 2 other variations. I'll show you those in the next post.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...