Thursday, July 19, 2012

Beyond the Garden Faux Quilt

Good morning!  I HAD been busy creating the last few weeks, but all involve some retired products in one way or another.  If you're like me, you have lots of "stuff" in your stash.  I've promised myself to use up some before getting further into the new.  So here I am.  My biggest hoarding issue at the moment is pattern paper, or DSPs.  I save every single tiny piece of scraps.  What do you do with them?  Well, the faux quilt technique is perfect for small pieces!
I just love this card.  I took a piece of 4"x5" paper and glued these 1" square pieces on the paper.  I ran the whole thing through the Big Shot, first cutting with Top Note Die.  Then I embossed it with Square Lattice embossing folder.  I used the new Daffodil Delight Seam Binding ribbon, using the gathering technique (fray one end, hold onto one thread and start gathering).  This took a bit longer than I wanted, but I LOVE how it turned out.  Stamped and punched out the birthday greeting.  Popped it up using Dimensionals.  Put the whole thing on more Dimensionals and on the Daffodil Delight cardstock.  At first, the cardstock was not embossed.  It was so plain looking.  I ran it through the Big Shot with my Perfect Polka Dot folder, rounded the corners, and Voila!  Isn't this a very pretty card?

BTW, to make sure the ribbon stays down, you can use a little bit of Sticky Strip, or run a thin bead of Crystal Effects under the ribbon and let it dry.  I put my E clear block on top, just to make sure the ribbon did adhere.

My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Perfect Punches
Ink: Melon Mambo
Papers: Daffodil Delight, Beyond the Garden DSP (retired)
Accessories: Top Note die, Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder, Square Lattice embossing folder, Extra Large Oval punch, Daffodil Delight Seam Binding Ribbon, corner rounder

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...