Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pinwheel

I couldn't resist the temptation any longer.  I have seen these pinwheels on quite a few blogs recently.  Finally I decided it's time I try to make one myself.  This is so simple... cut a piece of square DSP.  Make cuts from the corner toward the center, but not all the way to the center.  Maybe like 3/4 of the way.  Then, take one edge and pull it toward the center.  I would recommend using a glue dot to secure the flap.  Repeat with every other edge.  Then use a brad in the middle.  For the stick, I happened to have a skewer on my desk that I just cut to size.  Tied a cute ruffled ribbon on.

My card today was inspired by Vicki Burdick.  I didn't feel like making it with as many layers as Vicki had, so I took the liberty to simplify.  This was also probably the first time I've actually mixed different packs of DSPs on a card.  I needed the pinwheel to pop, but I didn't feel like using just plain cardstock.  The Flirtatious DSP pack had just enough of pattern vs. color that I liked.  Plus, this one happened to be of single color, so I didn't have to worry about mixing and matching a whole bunch of colors together.  And I also wanted to use Calypso Coral, 'cause it's just so summery!

My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Happy Greetings
Ink: Calypso Coral
Papers:  Calypso Coral, Flirtatious DSP, Just Add Cake DSP
Accessories: Designer Printed Brads, Calypso Coral 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...