Monday, September 16, 2013

Sweater Time!

Looks like the weather is cooling down around here, it feels like it's time for sweaters soon.  This leads perfectly to my cards this week all using the Sweater Weather DSP!  Did you like that lead-in?  :)  Anyways, when I saw this DSP in the Holiday Catalog, I just knew I would love it.  I love the small patterns, the colors.  Today's card is inspired by Christin R.  I originally was going to CASE this card.  But I didn't have a solid Chocolate Chip ribbon, so I improvised by cutting a 1"wide cardstock and embossed it.  Then I decided I really don't want to fussy cut the maple leaf.  So I used the Autumn Accents Bigz die for the Big Shot, and embossed it with Woodgrain folder.  Then I wanted a thankful sentiment, rather than a wedding kind of sentiment, so I changed that up.  Now, the card is quite a bit different from the original card.  But that's okay!  That's why we share on the internet, in hopes that you will be inspired one way or another.  Most importantly, just use your stuff!

I have couple more cards using the same DSP that I will show you.  Be sure to come back and check me out tomorrow!

My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Chalk Talk
Ink: Whisper White Craft Ink
Papers: Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango, Sweater Weather DSP
Accessories:  Square Lattice embossing folder, Woodgrain embossing folder, Extra Large Oval punch, Naturals Designer Button, twine (colored by running through inkpad)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...