Friday, March 16, 2012

Fabric Friday - French Memo Board

Today's Fabric Friday project is a French Memo Board.  I had seen these long ago on HGTV, 'cause I was into home improvement at that time.  But of course, I just put it in the back of my mind as one of those things that ONE DAY I MIGHT do.  Fast forward many years to now.  I asked on Splitcoaststampers.com forum about displaying our cards.  Someone mentioned the French Memo Board again.  So I went on a hunt.  I found THIS TUTORIAL.  And this is what I made with Deck the Halls fabric.  You know what's even better with this project?  This is a NO SEW project!  Just arm yourself with a staple gun and batting and you're good to go!
This seriously took almost no time at all.  Each board probably took me 30-45min, depending on whether I was sewing the buttons or not.  The biggest tip I can give you is to buy ARTIST CANVAS.  It makes sewing buttons or pushing brads through very simple.  And they're cheap!

This is the board with my cards on it.
Here's another board I made.
I actually made 3.  But gremlins ate my pictures from my hard drive, so I no longer have the 3 boards together to show you.
ETA: I was browsing at J0ann's this morning and saw similar size ready-made French Memo Boards for... get this... $24.99!!!  Wowzers!  Does that make you want to make your own or what?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great memo board Annie Lee well done hugs Elaine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...