Monday, March 12, 2012

Diamonds and Glitter Are a Girl's Best Friend!

Remember THESE CARDS?  Well, I just love the layout and the papers, I can't resist making more!
This time, I used Adorning Accents Edgelit for the scallops and added Rhinestones on each scallop.  Then, I decided to try something I saw on Barb's Blog.
Do you see the sparkle?  First, I stamped the image and colored it.  Then I cut a piece of Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet to put it on top of the image (remove only one side of the adhesive backing).  Then I punched it out with my circle punch.  Don't worry, you'll be able to see through the second backing so you can still center your image wherever you want.  Remove the second backing, dip in Dazzling Diamonds glitter, and voila!  Instant drama, just how a girl likes it! :)  I love love love this effect.  I am going to make more cards using this technique for sure!

My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Happiest Birthday Wishes, Bordering on Romance
Ink: Island Indigo, Basic Gray
Papers: Pear Pizzazz, Twitterpated DSP
Accessories: Adorning Accents Edgelit die, Basic Rhinestones, Scallop Circle punch, Circle punch, Blender Pen, BS Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet, Dazzling Diamonds

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...