Monday, January 16, 2012

Baby Time!

Today's card is not particularly CASE'd from anyone.  Big surprise, right?  I know! :)  I need to make a baby card.  I knew I wanted to use Nursery Nest DSP.  That was about it.  So of course I set out to do a search for some inspiration.  I went to my trusty Splitcoaststampers.com's gallery.  I put in "Nursery Nest" in the search box.  Saw some baby cards, but I didn't have the stamps they used.  I then decided I was going to use the very recently retired Fun & Fast Notes.  There is a buggy stamp in that set.  But somehow it just didn't call to me.  Then I remember I have a baby wheel from long ago, that had babies doing various things that I knew I could cut up.  Anyways, fast forward, and this is the card I came up with.
I LOVE using the new Edgelit dies to make a border accent.  I love it so much that I used it again on the inside, on the top AND bottom.
Like I mentioned above, this wheel is from long ago.  I bought it because I actually wanted the stamp set that went with the wheel.  But I didn't want to spend the money.  Then my friend mentioned that if I bought the wheel, I could cut up the stamped image.  That was a light-bulb moment.  My wheel is unmounted, so I can more easily stamp with it.  I don't have the heart to actually cut it up, like some people do yet.  So I just stamp the whole thing and then cut up the stamped image into separate pieces.

If your cutting plates are bowed and uneven like mine are, it may be helpful to tape down the edgelit to the plate, and just slide your cardstock between the plate and the edgelit.  That way, the cardstock will be nice and snug, and neither the cardstock nor the edgelit will move, giving you precise cutting.

My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Tiny Tags, Word Play, Baby Time Stampin' Around wheel (retired)
Ink: Marina Mist
Papers: Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz, Perfect Plum, Basic Gray
Accessories: Adorning Accents Edgelit Dies, Square Scalloped punch, Jewelry punch, twine, Stampin' Write Markers

Make sure you check out my offerings of Clubs, etc. for Sale-a-Bration.  See Details HERE.

1 comment:

CarrollAnn (~CA~) said...

I love your card; very creative!! I have had no trouble with my Edgelits, even with well used and warped plates!! When in doubt, I use a little tape and tape the card stock to it. I've only made one crooked cut so far!! LOL! Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...