Sunday, August 21, 2011

Manly Birthday

You could have sworn I have disappeared, couldn't you?  Sorry... I took an unexpected hiatus from blogging, 'cause I was just too tired.  But today, I have my Card Buffet that I am sooo looking forward to.  AND I had a GRANDE Latte all by myself this morning.  I'm all caffeined-up and ready to go.  Oh, and each grandma has one kid.  I can finally function as a normal adult person today.

I have so many cards to share with you.  In preparation for the Card Buffet, I made several cards as potential candidates.  Some did not make it into the buffet due to one reason or another.  Regardless, I will start blogging and share them.  Sure hope I will remember where all my inspiration came from. :)

But first, here's a quick card I made my FIL for his birthday earlier this month.
I kinda wanted to convey that he's "one in a million" with this tree in the forefront.  Not sure if that's really understood.  Oh well.  In any case, I {heart} Lovely as a Tree stamp set for masculine cards.  The stamping is super simple.  Just one stamp and voila!, you've got a card ready to go.  The sentiment is from a new set called, Family Reunion.  Since I always get the clear-mount when available, I was able to put two stamps together on one acrylic block and just stamp once.

My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Lovely as a Tree, Family Reunion
Ink: Soft Suede
Papers:  Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Mocha Morning DSP
Accessories: Petal Cone die, Brads (non-SU)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...