Monday, August 30, 2010

Holiday mock-up

I think my kids are ganging up on me. It doesn't matter what time in the middle of the night one wakes up, the other will promptly wake up AFTER the first one has fallen asleep. This past week, I had been up since 5am, then 4am, then 3am then 2am! Needless to say, I had been a zombie all week. One night though, I thought I MUST do a little stamping. I thought it's time for me to start making up some holiday cards that I can reproduce quickly. Here's the first couple. They're done using an old snowflake wheel I had and a snowflake EK Success punch that I got from Joanne's a couple of weeks ago.

This first one was done using Ballet Blue paper and Ballet Blue ink. The snowflakes have glitter on them. The ribbon is from, shhh, don't tell anyone, Janie and Jack's gift boxes. Hey, reduce, reuse, recycle, right?
The second one is wheeled with Ballet Blue ink and Brocade Blue paper. The snowflakes have star brads in them. The ribbon is also reused from some gift box, I don't remember.
I don't know if I love this yet. They were definitely simple to do. I think I like the ink/paper combo of the second better. I don't really want to use brads for 100 cards, and they won't send well in the mail anyways. I also haven't decided if I will do ribbon, or do red paper with faux stitching. Then I think I might need to work on how the sentiment should be... stamped directly on cardstock; popped up; embossed, etc. The alternatives are endless. I'll have to keep playing with it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...