Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Goodies!

Lookie what I got with my workshop order! I know, I know, I'm not a bird person. And when I read about all the hype people had in regards to this set, and especially after I saw it in the new catalog, I really didn't think I would order it. Then I started seeing cards made with these birds and cages. I decided I NEEDED them! And now look what I've done!

OK, this really didn't come from my own little head. I had a little help with inspiration from Lynn Put of The Queen's Scene.
I modified the card design a little, mainly because I didn't look at Lynn's card very closely before I cut my paper; and also because I didn't want to figure out how I would make the flower and button.

One other toy that I got from my order was a big clear block for my clear-mount stamps. OMG, I love it! I could line up the cages before I stamped them; and lined up the birds on the other side, to line up to be inside the cages. It was great.

More toys that I got were the Modern Label punch and the Word Window punch. Caved after seeing these punches being used over and over and couldn't find similar cuts on my Cricut.

Here's the insides of the cards I made. 2 different versions.

1 comment:

Lynn Put said...

Thanks for linking to my card I'm glad that you like it. Your card is very cute, I really like it with the striped ribbon and embossing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...