Friday, June 18, 2010

Graduation

I just realized the son of one of my friends has graduated from kindergarten. I just can't believe how fast time flies! I still remember vividly when he was born.

Anyways, this card was inspired by The Saucy Stamper. Everytime I want to copy a card, I always end up with something that's a little different. I know it's okay, but it's just kind of funny to me that I never end up with the same card that had originally grabbed my eyes.

For this card, I had stamped the monkey twice, so I could pop the monkey's head up. Since this was for a boy, I didn't want to use a ribbon. So I ended up with this little strip on the bottom. I actually kind of liked it.

The gray paper is run through the Big Shot with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. The blue cardstock is stamped with a background stamp (SU Ivy) with Versamark. The graduation cap I had from my own grad school graduation dinner invitation. Which reminds me, I'm rather proud of that invitation I made for our classmates. I'll post that sometime. The monkey is from SU's Fox and Friends. I love this set!

Well, I hope the little boy likes this card made just for him. Hopefully I'll hear about it soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...