Monday, April 29, 2013

Need for Speed

Our nephew turned 16 last week.  This is the card I made for him.  While making a card, I kept having to remind myself and chant, "less is more, no embellishments; less is more, no embellishments."  I  kept wanting to add more layers, stamp something else, etc.  In the end, I stuck to my mantra.
The background is a stamp from Clockworks.  I handcut the car from Need for Speed.  The embossed piece on the back is done by taping a piece of aluminum foil to cardstock, and ran through the big shot.

Need for Speed is on the to-be-retired list.  So, if you haven't gotten it, and have some teenagers in your life, this would make a great set.
My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Need for Speed, Clockworks
Ink: Basic Gray
Papers: River Rock, More Mustard, Bravo Burgundy
Accessories: Chevron embossing folder, Typeset Alphabet Bigz die, Aluminum foil

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...