Sunday, September 12, 2010

One Sheet Wonder

I have discovered something called "One Sheet Wonders," where you take a sheet of 12x12 pattern paper or stamped 8 1/2 x11 to make a set of cards. Before I found any templates for how to cut the paper, I had seen this post. However, the link the Stampin'Dad linked to was to purchase the template. Being the cheapie that I am, I didn't want to pay for it. I even started drawing up how the paper might have been cut. Then I thought, there's GOT to be something free online. Sure enough, found it on splitcoaststampers.com, my favorite site.

When I saw the template for this one, I had to sit down immediately and try it out. What grabbed me was the purse. When I make a set of cards, I like to make a "container" for them.
Here's the nine cards that were made, in addition to the purse. Wouldn't this make a great girlfriend present?
I couldn't believe it. I think I spent a total of two hours, cutting and putting the cards together. Since when can you make 9 cards and a 3d item for under 2 hours? This was so awesome. I am now driven to try all the OSW templates out there that I can find.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...