Friday, September 3, 2010

Forever Young

This took me forever. I cut out the girls one night. Then spent the next couple of days wondering what I was going to do with the girls. Then I put them on cards one night. Lastly, I made a tote to house these ladies in. However, the first dimensions that I got was too small for the A2 cards here. So I had to redo. Then I made a box instead. But I didn't love it. I went back to the tote, redid with slightly different dimension.
The girls are cut using the Forever Young cartridge. OMG, this cartridge is awesome. The girls were pretty easy to assemble together. Then there were all kinds of flowers, including ones that I wanted in my head but didn't find in other cartridges. There were frames and phrases, too.

My tote's dimensions are 6 3/4" x11". Score on the long side: 10 1/2, 6, 5 1/4, 3/4. Turn to the short side, and score at 3/4 or 6, whichever is easier for you. Then, turn the paper so the long side is facing you, and the score line from the short side is close to you. Take your scissors and cut the score lines up to the horizontal score line. Does that make sense? Tape all tabs together.

Then I cut a scalloped circle from Storybook at 2 1/4". Cut it in half, adhere one half to each side of the tote. Used a 1" circle punch to punch out the top. Used Crop-a-dile for the holes to pull the ribbons through. I think my ribbons were about 6 inches in length each. Just tie a knot on all ends. You could use eyelets in the holes. I didn't feel like it.

I cut the flower from Forever Young. The middle part of the flower is from a die through my Big Shot. I topped it off with a button.

Hopefully my recipient will like this "labor of love." I must find some better ways to showcase these ladies, though.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...