Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Holiday mock-up

So, originally my inspiration came from Jill's Creations. I was going to CASE the card on the left. But then I didn't have any pattern papers that were similar to what she used. Then my tag punch was too small. Again, it was late at night, so I didn't want to fire up the Cricut with my Tags cartridge. Lastly, I didn't have any suitable stamp that would fulfill this "hanging" idea.

Time to do a little creative substitution. I wanted to use blue as one of my holiday colors. Found this pattern paper in my stash that matches my cardstock (or vice versa). Had a piece of red gingham scrap. Not sure if it really matches well, but I'm just playing with ideas here.
Well, I'm not sure if I LOVE this card. But I don't dislike it. I kinda like how I folded the tag over and used a silver brad. When I was done, I thought the top left corner was a little bare. So I added some pearls with my Pearlpen. I wish I had silver. But since I didn't, I used Anthracite. I may get a silver one, if I'm going to make holiday cards that will need it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...