Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Non-Traditional Colors

Today's card is inspired by Jenn.  I wanted to use some non-traditional colors and see how it would look.  This is what mine turned out like.  I used Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake and Certainly Celery.  What do you think?  I thought this turned out rather well, considering I basically took Not Quite Navy and held it up to my cardstock collection until I landed on a color that I thought would work.  That is what I love about Stampin' Up! products.  Just about any color combination will work, they all just coordinate beautifully.

Anyways, the ornament I used here is from Tags 'til Christmas set.  I punched it out using the Ornament punch.  What did I tell you before?  I LOVE using coordinated punches and framelits with our stamps!

The last little touch I did was using Color Spritzer Tool to add some splotches of color behind the sentiment.

Oh oh oh!  Forgot to mention, I don't own any First Edition DSP that the original card used.  So I went to my trusty MDS and printed out a small piece.  Isn't that brilliant?  MDS2 is still on sale at 50% off today.  If you don't own it yet, get it!  It will be one of the best things you spend your money on this season!

My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Tags 'til Christmas, More Merry Messages
Ink: Not Quite Navy
Papers: Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake, Certainly Celery, First Edition DSP (MDS version)
Accessories: Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder, Ornament punch, Not Quite Navy Taffeta ribbon, Basic Rhinestone

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...