Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Thoughts & Prayers Week #1

Good Monday, erh, Tuesday morning to you!  Where has time gone???  Thank you for coming to visit me today.  This week I will be showing you cards we made at one of my recent Simple and Beautiful classes.  During this class, our members asked specifically for sympathy cards using Thoughts and Prayers, and I was happy to oblige.  Thoughts and Prayers had been out for awhile and was always wood-mounted only.  UNTIL this catalog year, when SU decided to make all current sets available in both wood and clear (WM#113252 $25.95, CM#127805 $18.95).  So, not only is this set beautiful, it is now even more affordable.

I CASE'd this card from Dawn.  I didn't have the pattern paper that she used, so I went and created my own.  I used a piece of Marina Mist card stock, and just used Versamark inkpad and stamped the same flower branch image at various angles.  It gives a nice subtle look, don't you think?  I love this little technique in creating a background that is not overpowering.  The scallop circle is cut using the big circle from the Perfect Pennants Big Shot die; and the 2 circles on top are cut with 2 1/2 inch circle punch.  You can also use the Circles #2 die, if you don't have the punch.  You just have to cut out the circles before stamping.

My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Thoughts and Prayers
Ink: Midnight Muse, Marina Mist, Versamark
Papers: Midnight Muse, Marina Mist
Accessories: Midnight Muse Stitched Satin ribbon, Perfect Pennants die, 2 1/2" circle punch, Basic Pearls

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...