Friday, August 17, 2012

Fabric Friday - Tohoku Tote

It's finally time for another Fabric Friday!  Ever since I saw the 2011 Convention-exclusive Simply Scored tote, I wanted to make one.  However, my sewing skills wasn't quite up to snuff yet.  Then I saw THIS TUTORIAL on Pinterest, and saved it for that "one day."  Well, that "one day" came and I decided to try it.
I didn't follow the tutorial exactly.  I improvised and tried to make it easier on myself.  Above is the front.  Below is the backside.
Here is the closeup.
The front and back pieces are essentially two separate extra-long fat quarter pieces that come in the package.  So measuring there.  Then for the other pieces, I didn't bother to iron the fabric, I left it folded and just cut along the crease lines.  I'll try to make a pictorial when I make another one.  Anyway, this really wasn't all that hard to make and I am so pleased with the result.

Since Stampin' Up! is having a giant sale on some retired fabric right now for $0.99 a package (3 extra-long fat quarters per package), I'm getting a bunch of fabric and make some totes and bags to sell.  If you're interested, shoot me an email!

******DESIGNER FABRIC CLEARANCE*****

Stampin' Up! has on 4 retired Designer Fabric packs on sale.  They're on sale for only $0.99!!!  For a limited time and only while supplies last, the following discontinued Designer Fabrics from the 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalog (see p. 196 or here) will be available at the low, low price of just 99 cents on all order types—customer, workshop, and online!
Item
Description
Price
121716
Deck the Halls Designer Fabric
$0.99
121715
Candy Cane Christmas Designer Fabric
$0.99
121817
Springtime Vintage Designer Fabric
$0.99
121818
Sweet Stitches Designer Fabric
$0.99
This is your perfect opportunity to try Stampin’ Up!’s exclusive Designer Fabric for just 99 cents! These cotton fabrics come with 3 Extra-Long Fat Quarters (18" x 27") in each fabric package.  Stock up now for all your fabric needs.  You can use these fabric for all kinds of projects, crafts, sewing, quilting and anything you can think of.  But even if you don't sew at all, you can use fabric on your cards, tear off a strip to wrap presents, make bows, appliques, put through the Big Shot to make die cuts.  There are endless possibilities.  Pick up a few packages now, and I will show you what you can make on my blog. While you're at it, consider adding the Scallop Square Big Shot die (#115950, $21.95) that I use so frequently to cut my fabric with.  Also, you might want to pick up Fabric Adhesive Roll (#122194 $14.95) to adhere fabric to other fabric or clothing.

There is no limit to the quantity of these Designer Fabrics that you can purchase; however, this offer is only good while supplies last.

Contact me TODAY or go to MY WEBSITE to place your order.

1 comment:

Heather Williams said...

Love this Annie, I just printed off the instructions... and ordered more fabric... lets see if I can make one before 2012 is over, lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...