Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Teachers Gifts

I had some clear-mount cases lying around.  I've been wanting to do this for a long time.  I thought these might be perfect for my daughter's new teachers, so I got busy.
 The cover piece is DSP cut at 7" x 10".  I used My Digital Studio to design the "notes" layer.
This is the inside.  The pocket on the left is made with 5 1/2" x 6".  With 5 1/2" side on top, score 1/4" on each side.  With 6" on top, score at 3".  Fold the score lines and apply tape on the 1/4" portions.  Use a circle punch to create a notch.

Another option, is using the same DSP as the front piece, after you cut the 7" x 10" for the cover, use 1/2 of the bigger left over piece to create the envelope.  This piece is 5" x 6".  With 5" on top, score 1/4" on each side.  With 6" on top, score at 3".  With the 7" x 2" piece left over, you can cut it down to 5" x 2" and cover the top of the notepad.

I got the notepads from Office Depot.  The size I got is 5" x 8", in a pack of 12.  I then took it to the Business Center counter and asked them to cut the pads down an inch.  The cutting only cost me $1.25 for the whole pack.  You could also get the 4" x 6" notepads and possibly have room left over for a pen, too.  Just have to remember to get skinny pens, so they'll fit in the case when closed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...