Monday, October 11, 2010

Masculine Birthdays

Both my husband and my father's birthdays are on the same day in late September. I set out to make some masculine birthday cards. I picked the pattern paper, figuring it's pretty masculine. Then, I really like using this embossing folder for the Big Shot. Wanting to create the cards kind of all different, here's what I came up with. All by myself. No plagiarism today!
This next one I used a technique I saw on a few people's blogs awhile ago. I don't know what it's called. You cut up strips of the striped paper, then re-line them up staggered. I did figured out that I needed to have at least temporary tape on a piece of paper for these strips to adhere to. Then cut to desired size.

I gave the second card above to my dad. I don't think he understands my obsession. So he left the card at my house after having cake. I decided to repurpose the card. I took the main portion of the card (since the base was written on, and had some cake frosting on it!) and put it on another piece of cardstock. Then put the whole thing on white.
Sure hope the next person I give this to, gives the card a little more care. :)

1 comment:

Joani McDonald said...

Guy cards are always hard to make and you made these perfect! You did an awesome job.
Hugs,
Joani

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...