Monday, October 18, 2010

Birthday Shutter

I had missed a dear friend's birthday while away on vacation. I had meant to make her a very special card before I left, then I forgot. She and her daughter are the ones who got me started stamping 10 years ago. I wracked my brain trying to figure out what I can make that would be interesting for her. I started out trying to make a different card, but I messed it up, wasting some cardstock and pattern paper. Then I finally decided to do this tri-shutter card again.

The basic layout was inspired by Janice Webb.
Most instructions online are for 12x12 cardstock. I wanted to use 8 1/2 x11. I had originally made a template, but I probably screwed up on the dimensions, thus I wasted 2 more pieces of cardstock. I finally re-calculated the measurements and realized my mistake.

If you want to use 8 1/2 x11, cut a piece of 5 1/2 x 10 1/2. Score the long side at 1 3/4, 3 1/2, 7, 8 3/4.

I cut out couple of the flowers from this pattern paper. I used both sides of this double-sided pattern paper. I also used the Big Shot to do a little embossing. Used the owl punch and sponged the edges. Oh, and a flower brad and flower dies through the Big Shot.

I really do love to make this kind of cards, since they're so easy to make. But decorating it always takes me a few days. I have to cut all the stuff I want to use, lay them out, and see about changing, adding, deleting, etc. I'm just glad I got a big smile from her when she saw it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...