Thursday, September 6, 2012

Stylin' Stampin' Squad Blog Hop - September 2012

Hello and welcome to this month's installment of the Stylin' Stampin' Squad Blog Hop.  If you came from Shellie's Creative Electica blog, thank you for visiting me!  This month's theme is Fall and Back to School.  Boy, was I ever not ready for back-to-school this year.  It seems like this past summer just flew by.  We ended the summer with a fabulous trip to Hawaii, and it was very very hard getting ourselves back into the school routine.  The first project I will share with you is a fall-themed card.  It is certainly hard to think about fall and the upcoming holidays when it's still so nice out.  But you know it'll soon be upon us.
This card uses only two stamps, the leaf image is from the oldie-but-goodie Lovely as a Tree, which is now available in Clear-Mount (#127793) for CHEAPER!  The sentiment is from Word Play.  The colors are Cajun Craze and More Mustard.  I know you'll be asking for the dimension of the Cajun Craze piece.  It's 4" x 3 1/8".

The next project is a cute little thing that I've pinned for awhile.  Meant to get to it all summer, so I would be prepared for my daughter's teachers at preschool.  Well, it didn't happen.  I was making this AFTER school had started.  Oh well, I have to make 2 more for new teachers anyways, so I'll do those this weekend, and give them to the teachers on the first full week of school.  How's that for stretching? :D
The "face" is made with the Top Note die and different sized circle punches for the eyes and mouth.  The back is a simple 5"x5" piece, scored at 2" and 3" on one side; and 1" and 4" on the other.  I plan to put this little box with bite sized candies inside.  For those "teacher emergencies."

I hope you liked the projects here.  Your next stop is Pam.

Blog Hop Participants:
  1. Shellie G. of Creative Electica
  2. Annie L. of Love Me Cards
  3. Pam S. of Stampin' in the Sun!
  4. Nancy B. of Lady Stamps-A-Lot
  5. Rose C. of Stamp with Rose
  6. Tonya B. of Stampin' with Tonya
  7. Dawn S. of Dawn's Creative Chalet
  8. Patricia T. of Sunnyone Stampin'
  9. Heather W. of Stamping with Heather
  10. Darcy J. of DJ's Stampin' Place
  11. Kim R. of Stamping with Kim
  12. Nancy B. of Momma B Stampin'

10 comments:

Nancy Brown said...

Great projects Annie. I love the frame around your stamped image. Your top note apple is too cute!

Stampin Dj said...

Love the frame on your card! Sooooo amazing!

Heather Williams said...

Great job Annie! You are always so creative and talented!

Unknown said...

The frame on the card is definitely my favorite element of your projects :)
The Top Note "apple face is cute too

Tonya said...

Love the apple for the teacher. What a great twist to the traditional apple. Your card is very pretty and the frame is perfect really make your image stand out. Thanks for sharing.

Pat T. said...

Awesome projects! Thank you for sharing!

Dawn's Creative Chalet said...

Annie.. I love your projects.. adorable!!! :) Thank you for sharing.

Kim Ryden said...

I just love that little apple man! So cute!!!

Rose Castillo said...

That frame is awesome and the top note apple is to cute.

Nancy B said...

That apple is so cute! I love the frame on your card! Beautiful work!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...