Friday, September 28, 2012

Postage Due

Tell me how much you like this card?!!  I {heart} this.  Seriously.  Can I say that about my own card?  LOL.  I first saw an idea from Dawn that I've wanted to CASE.  Then I saw THIS from my upline, Barb.  If you know me, I operate in the non-precision-required, non-complicated mode.  So when I saw Barb's card, I just had to break into one of my newly acquired stamp sets and get to work right away.  The two-tone coloring on the main image is simply made by swirling two different sponges inked with the corresponding inks.  The result is truly magnificent.  It looks vintage-y, and looks like you may have spent a tone of time, but it merely took a minute.  Seriously.  I cut the main piece at 3 1/2" by 4 1/4"; with the Marina Mist mat at 3 3/4" x 4 1/2".  There is also a coordinating Postage Stamp punch that easily punches out these cute stamps.  Next time I would probably lightly sponge the edges of the stamps.  I just cut 2 small pieces of ribbon and adhere to the card base.  You can fold a longer piece, but it might make your main image buckle a little bit.  Anyways, this was a super duper quick card that offers quite a bit.  I didn't have any sentiments on here, because I didn't think it needed it.


The ribbon used is another one of the ribbons you can get for free this month with each $40 in orders.

My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Postage Due
Ink: Midnight Muse, Marina Mist, So Saffron
Papers: Midnight Muse, Marina Mist,
Accessories: Postage Stamp punch, Midnight Muse stitched satin ribbon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...