Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Holiday Ornament

Today's card is a total CASE from Gretchen Baron. I just loved how she was able to use pretty non-traditional holiday stamps, colors, etc. to create a holiday card.
I embossed the ornament using clear embossing powder. I also added a tiny rhinestone to the center of the ornament. A tip that I learned from browsing the internet. You can ink your stamp in Versamark first, then tamp on the Classic ink of choice, then stamp, and voila, you can now pour embossing powder on the image without it instantly drying up! What a great way to save $$$ by not having to also buy Craft ink (pigment) just for this.
I also stamped the inside with the swirls from Baroque Motifs. I stamped it off on scratch paper before stamping onto the cardstock here, so that the color is more subtle. The inside sentiment is from a long-ago retired set, but it's just so perfect.

My Supplies List:
Stamp Set(s): Baroque Motifs, Tags 'til Christmas, Sincere Salutations, Versatile Verses (retired)
Ink: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Papers: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Accessories: Big Shot, Embossing Folder (non-SU), Rhinestones, Pearl gelpen (non-SU), Ornament Punch, Clear Embossing Powder

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...