Friday, August 9, 2013

Check's in the Mail!

Yay!  It's Friday!!!  Today's card is a departure from my normal standard A2 size.  Believe it or not, I started this card with the intention of replicating my card from Wednesday with the Washi tapes.  I thought I wanted to add a little Gorgeous Grunge int here, so I started with that.  Then, one thing led to another (how often have you heard this from my blog??), I ended up with this.  Oh!  And I started off with the card in the horizontal orientation.  But then I didn't know how to place my sentiment that way, so I turned it vertically.

The reason that I had to do this particular size card is because I need to send a check to my hairstylist.  Due to issues with her credit card machine, she could only take cash or check.  Since she didn't tell me in advance, I didn't bring either.  She knew I was good for it, since she's been doing my hair for the last 12 years.  But I didn't want to forget, either.  Since I had just 20min after my cut and color to be at home before having to head out again, I wanted to make a quick card, stick the check inside and mail it off the next day.  The size of this is roughly 6 1/2" x 3 3/8".

My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Gorgeous Grunge, Hello Lovely
Ink: Pool Party, Summer Starfruit, Strawberry Slush, Island Indigo
Papers: Gumball Green
Accessories: Chevron ribbon


Oh!  Want to see my before and after picture of my hair?
Long, much gray and shapeless before     Shorter, no more grays after

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the card...and the hair! That was so sweet of you to send a card along with your check! ;)

~Heidi at Stuck on Stampin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...